There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while traveling. To demonstrate the importance of purchasing travel insurance, and emergency travel services, here are 10 common examples of what could go wrong.
1. It's 10 p.m. and your family arrives at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. How do you get your family home?
2. Your traveling companion's bag was lost with his insulin inside. He needs help to locate his bag as soon as possible and his emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
3. Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
4. Your spouse is involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation?
5. If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you choose to cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
6. You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn't. If it's lost, who will help you find it? If it's delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it's stolen, who will pay to replace it?
7. Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses? Who will help get you to your destination?
8. You're walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?
9. Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in the city to which you are planning to visit. Who will pay if you want to cancel your trip?
10. You are at a beach resort in North Carolina, and you are forced to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane. Who will help you evacuate and who will reimburse your lost vacation?
Why Travel Guard?
"Not all travel insurance is the same!"
When purchasing travel insurance, it's important you look closely at the coverages and services you'll receive. Here is a quick summary of what makes Travel Guard different than the competition:
Broadest protection available - Travel Guard policies include the broadest coverage you'll find in the industry. Bottom line: we cover more unforeseen reasons for trip cancellation, interruption and delay than any other travel insurance policy!
Exceptional customer service - We take great pride in providing the high levels of service for which we've built our reputation. When you choose Travel Guard, you can expect:
• Coverage to be effective within 24 hours of the enrollment form being received
• All phone calls answered within 30 seconds
• Assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
• A zero defect tolerance for customer satisfaction
Fast, fair claims service - You won't find a faster, more accurate claims process than you will with Travel Guard. Our claims process standards include:
• All Claims reviewed by an experienced analyst within 24 hours
• Claims payment is finalized within 24 hours of receipt of final documentation
• The "Fairness Principle" - all denied claims are sent to a mediator for review and the mediator's decision is honored.
The best travel assistance service in the industry - Travel Guard provides its policyholders free 24-hour emergency travel assistance. Whether you need help finding medical care halfway around the world, making emergency arrangements to return home or obtaining an emergency cash advance, you can access our toll-free hotline from anywhere in the world, any time of day.
How quickly expenses add up! - The following is a real example experienced by a couple vacationing in the Caribbean. They learned the hard way why you should never travel without insurance. Mr. Stewart fell and broke his hip and had to be evacuated to Miami in order to receive adequate treatment. Here are the expenses he incurred up while on vacation:
-Evacuation to Miami $ 8,000
-Medical bills in Miami $876
-Broken camera during fall $500
-Extra seats to lie down on flight home $828
TOTAL $10, 204
While many travelers think their health insurance, homeowners insurance or even credit card will provide adequate travel insurance protection, that's simply not the case. In the above example, only $541 was covered under his health insurance plan which meant Mr. Stewart was responsible for the remaining $9,663.
If Mr. Stewart had traveled with Travel Guard insurance, these expenses would have been covered 100 percent. It pays to buy travel insurance!
TO ORDER, please click below: